Monday 13 January 2014

New Topic : Hands on


Hello my lovely readers, I hope your weekend was has fabulous as mine. Today's drawing is a little different, well, its not really a drawing is more or a plan inside of a sketch. For some reason, I've had this fantasy of designing clothes for the top brands - but since this dream is quite big and needs a LOT of work, I thought I might start out small - and by this, I mean designing hair accessories. I feel like this is a two step plan and here how it goes in my mind :

1. Buy different types of pre-made items and put them together to create one head-gear, for example, a cotton head-band and a bow ( this is what today's sketch is, but more on that later)

2. Actually create each part of the accessory by hand and them sew them together ( this will take awhile so don't expect this step to be put in place for a very long time !)

Although, this may stop and start with step one because it obviously requires money and since I don't have a job, I won't have a steady income for my projects nor will I be selling my products (although, I might, depends what kind of feed back I get on the item) I might give them away in contests or just give them to a random follower because I can ? Who knows, leave a comment of what you think of this idea ( like should I sell them if I get a good review)

Today's sketch is quite simple, it's just a black headband with a black bow. Although it's simple, I feel like it still has a nice and lovely effect. It's something that I believe can look good with most outfits.

I've done two sketches, one with just the band :

And one with a human face :



Not only do I have the plans all done and ready, I've already bought the items that I need to create them. I got them from "Browse in and Save", they're sort of like a Kmart or a Target but much cheaper. Here are the two items I plan to use to create my band

The bow :

Cost : $3.00
The band :

Band : $3.00

I know there is no point showing you the two different items, but I thought someone might be a little interested in it. Obviously the total cost is $6.00, which is a pretty good price, because I checked online and you could buy one from over-seas and it'd cost you $11.93 just for the band, no doubt there'd be shipping costs (although, I didn't see any, I just assume - click here to look at the one I found). Also, to answer the question, "when will we see the final product" I'm not sure, I'll need to sew the bow on but there's the problem of not knowing how to sew ! My mother is planning to teach me how, so, I'll post when I've learnt how to sew

That is all for now my readers, the next drawing will be posted on Wednesday ( I hope, I still need to draw it !) Good-bye to you all x

No comments:

Post a Comment